There are 4 main tourist spots in Roorkee where travellers can spent their leisure time. Here you will find list of all the Roorkee sightseeing options which you must visit and plan your itinerary accordingly. Explore the hidden gems of Roorkee through this well-researched list, learn about the most happening places, things to do, famous picnic spots for a memorable vacation in Roorkee.
Piran Kaliyar is the symbol of unity among Hindu and Muslims. The tomb of dargah is situated towards the south of Haridwar, famed for its mystical powers that fulfil the desires of the devout, the Dargah is visited by millions of devotees from all over the world.
This water park is flooded with kids and grownups during summers. You can spend some memorable moments at this water park with your family and friends.
The Solani Aqueduct in Roorkee was built in 1846 over Old Ganga Nahar also known as Old Upper Ganga Canal. This aqueduct has an average diameter of 0.25 millimetres. It is considered as a benchmark in brick masonry structure that is built on Solani River.
IIT, Roorkee is the oldest technical institute which is famous for its pedagogy. It was constructed in 1847 and its main purpose was to train for construction of Ganga Canal. Now it provides technical education to young minds to train them for global challenges.
1. Haridwar - 30km - Holy Ganga dip and Maa Ganga aarti darshan with mansa devi & chandi devi.
2. Rishikesh - 55km - The Yoga city Neelkhant Mahadev Temple.
3. Dehradun - 75km - Sahastradhara , Guru Dronacharya Cave , Forest Research Institute , Indian Military Academy , Roberts Cave , Buddha Temple , Malsi Deer Park.
4. Mussoorie - 103km - Queen of Hills.
5. Auli - 318.9km - Skin Resort.
6. Ponta Sahib - 95.8km - Gurudwara , Asan Barrage Picnic spot with lake and bird watching sanctuary.